I don't care what you do or what you sell...
You must be proactive about gathering as many testimonials, endorsements, and case studies as possible for your products and services.
Today, more so than ever before, your prospects want to see proof you can deliver what you're claiming you can.
They demand it.
Having a marketing message or a sales page with a bunch of claims and benefit statements is not enough. Not today. Not anymore.
You must present proof your product or service will do what you say it will for your prospects.
And., the more proof you have, the more diversified, the better.
Use it everywhere.
Eventually, you can put together and use a "wall of proof" as a stand-alone page.
People only buy when they BELIEVE your product or service will produce the result, transformation, outcome, change they want.
Whiz-bang copy, fancy design, and slick marketing tactics don't produce that necessary belief.
What does... is proof, evidence.
And outcome-based testimonials and case studies from a diverse group of lots of people is one of the most powerful ways of presenting that proof.
With that said, let's get to this week's goodies...
MY FAVS THIS WEEK
- How to ‘devastate employee morale’ in a single blow
If you lead any size team, you should take this to heart.
It's a mistake a lot of new managers and leaders make. And, as the article title says, can instantly take the wind out of an employee's sails.
Don't do it.
- INFOGRAPHIC: More than a mission statement: How the 5Ps embed purpose to deliver value
From McKinsey & Company, this is a great article (and info-graphic) covering their approach to crafting an impactful company mission.
I used to believe having a company mission was only applicable for corporate-type businesses. You know, big companies.
But, as we've grown MFA and our partner organizations, I've grown to realize the enormous value of getting everyone on the team on the same page, moving in the same direction.
Having a clear mission... and vision... is critical for this.
And for you... no matter how big or small your business may be today.
- What Does Warren Buffett Look For in an Employee?
The "Oracle of Omaha" says he looks for three things when hiring new employees.
And, specific skills or abilities aren't one of them.
If you're doing any hiring, this tiny article is worth a quick read.
ODDITY FROM MY LIBRARY
I'm not a believer in the idea of "hypnosis" in marketing or selling.
Nor am I big believer in the use of NLP in copy.
So I'm not a fan of a lot of the ideas within this book.
However, you will find a handful of solid tactics regarding persuasive communication.
I specifically recommend chapters 14, 16, and 17, despite their use of the word "Hypnosis" in their titles.
If you appreciate the nuances of influential advertising, marketing, and selling messages, I think you'll find those chapters worth the price of the entire book.
WHAT I'M TELLIN' MY TEAM
This week on our internal marketing training...
We reviewed the formula, flow, and copy behind a full-page ad selling a CBD product.
It was a great example for the team of how you can sell like crazy while still using a proven and repeatable formula to deliver your marketing message... without it feeling or seeming similar to other marketing promotions.
The key is having a powerful promise... delivered by a Unique Mechanism... backed with education and proof.
In this example, it was basically:
1. Why CBD has been proven to be an effective pain reliever.
2. Why the common CBD products aren't as effective as they could be.
3. What the common CBD products are missing and how their scientists uncovered it.
4. The 3-part "technology" behind their CBD product which fills in the gap (Unique Mechanism).
5. How and why their 3-part "technology" is able to deliver such greater results (Education-Based Marketing EBM Content).
6. The offer and CTA
TEAM TAKEAWAYS IN THREE BULLETS:
- You can still leverage proven formulas for marketing and selling, as long as you're presenting a Unique Mechanism behind how the results are delivered.
- Even adding proof points for non-essential parts of your marketing message adds credibility and believability to the overall campaign because it makes the message feel as if it's filled with lots of evidence (i.e. Proof Density).
- No matter the medium or method of delivering your marketing message, it should always present the support and reasoning behind why and how your product is able to deliver results better, faster, more effectively, etc., than the other options.
Along with answering questions, I regularly post content inside the MFA Nation Facebook Group.
Below is a recent post:
If you're not in the group yet, you're missing out.
At ONLY $7 bucks right now for the entire bundle, grabbing this package today should really be a no-brainer for you.
I won't cover everything you get, since you can read all about the bundle here.
But I will say this...
If you've been around me for any length of time, you've heard me talk about the single most valuable marketing lesson I've learned over my almost two-decade journey as an entrepreneur...
Finding, developing, and deploying Big Marketing Ideas.
It's the single most effective way I've seen for standing-out and getting attention and eyeballs on your marketing message.
Well, I believe... today... more than ever before, having a Big Marketing Idea behind your marketing campaigns is essential.
Because they're not only intellectually interesting and emotionally compelling to prospects, Big Marketing Ideas are also highly compliant with all the major traffic platforms.
So, with a Big Marketing Idea... done correctly... you can get lots of attention... drive lots of traffic... and not have to worry about getting an ad disapproved or your ad account banned.
And that's just one piece and one reason to grab this bundle today.
PIC OF THE WEEK
LOL! (Spies Like Us)
A buddy of mine back in New Jersey sent me this text and pic. Probably from about two decades ago.
Hysterical and ridiculous.
The friend who took me hunting that day is about six foot, 220+ pounds. This is me trying to fill-out about two-thirds of his spare hunting attire.
It was the first time I was taken on a hunting expedition...
And it was the last time I went on a hunting expedition.
WANT MORE HELP GROWING YOUR BUSINESS?
Here are some epic ways we can help you scale your business…
1. Fed up with your marketing being ignored?
Grab your copy of this book and over $1,100+ in bonuses.
2. Your offer not converting or AOV in the tank?
Grab this bundle that’s working insanely well for almost everyone who uses it.
3. Want our personal help in scaling your business from 6-figures to 7-figures and beyond?