I recently binged the Queen's Gambit on Netflix.
It's about an orphaned chess prodigy who rises through the ranks in the 50's & 60's.
I loved it.
If you haven't watched it yet, you should.
I think too many entrepreneurs and marketers have been led to believe television and movies are evil, a waste of time.
Watching some television and movies can not only be a great way to unwind, it can be a fantastic way to stay in-tune with what's capturing mainstream attention.
There's also value in seeing how good stories are told, how characters are developed, and what television shows and movies do to keep viewers engaged...
All valuable elements for any entrepreneur or marketer to understand.
Most of all, for me at least, watching some television is a great way to let my brain turn off and stop thinking.
As entrepreneurs we often remain on all the time; constantly thinking about our business, marketing, productivity, goals, etc.
Yet, when you don't give your brain enough downtime, your thinking and creativity suffer.
So find time to give yourself a break.
Grab some popcorn and pop on a little Netflix.
And if you find something worth watching, let me know. Message me on Facebook.
I'm always down for a good show or movie.
With that, let's get to this week's goodies...
MY FAVS THIS WEEK
- Black Friday Statistics 2020: Key Trends & Shifts Marketers Should Know
Pretty straightforward -- a deep dive look at online Black Friday activity, searches, company performance, sales numbers, and more.
- RARE: Steve Jobs Speech About Marketing & Core Values
What Jobs talks about in this video is something not enough direct response marketers and entrepreneurs think about -- who are we in the marketplace and what do we stand for?
I think you'll enjoy this.
And be sure to watch til the end where you'll see a legendary Apple commercial after many years of failed marketing.
- If Don Draper Tweeted: The 27 Copywriting Formulas That Will Drive Clicks and Engagement on Social Media
Can you really demonstrate 27 different copywriting formulas with nothing but tweets?
This is one of those posts you'll likely want to bookmark or add to your notes app.
ODDITY FROM MY LIBRARY
Recently Taki Moore asked me if I'd be a guest presenter at one of his 2021 Mastermind gatherings.
I've only heard fantastic things about Taki. And I'd like to get to know him better. So sharing some gems with his group is the perfect opportunity to start the relationship.
Well, to my surprise and delight, Taki sent me a little pre-event gift -- a personalized wooden box filled with Tim Tams, the ridiculously delicious Australian chocolate biscuits.
Of course, Kellie, I, and the girls devoured them. 😋
It was a nice little touch from Taki. Something extra. Something cool and generous. Something I won't forget.
That's the value of gifting...
Especially when done without asking for anything in return.
If you have any interest in learning more about gifting in your business, Giftology by John Ruhlin is a solid read.
WHAT I'M TELLIN' MY TEAM
This week on our internal marketing training...
I had John Mulry, our Director of Marketing, share with the rest of the team his thought process when engineering our newest front-end campaign.
Currently, with a few thousand visitors already, the campaign is still converting at just about 15%.
Below is a snippet from the call...
TEAM TAKEAWAYS IN THREE BULLETS:
- Engineering front-end (customer acquisition) campaigns requires a different mindset than does back-end campaigns. We need to remember, with the front-end, we haven't established a deep level of trust with these folks. So we need to back-up all of our claims with our strongest proof points. And, we need to speak their language, and not use our tribe's "insider" language.
- Great offers... S.I.N. Offers... do a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to producing sales conversions. A great offer can make-up for a lot of marketing weaknesses. And when presented at the end of a rock-solid marketing argument, a true S.I.N. Offer can lead to a significantly higher sales conversion rate.
- When the offer price is negligible, and the value proposition is slanted significantly in favor of the prospect, a Direct Lead can be a wildly effective approach.
👉🏼 NOTE: If you want the full, unedited recordings every week from these marketing trainings I do with my team, go here.
This question was posted inside the MFA Nation Facebook Group...
If you're not in the group with us yet, you're missing out.
Brand New E5 Method Book & Bundle - FREE!
Just cover shipping & handling
“The single most powerful thing you can do to become a stronger, more compelling writer is reduce your FK score.”
Direct response legend, Mark Ford, shared this with me many years ago. And it's stayed with me ever since.
"The Flesch-Kincaid Readability Test is a computerized tool that looks at the length of your sentences, how many syllables there are in each word, and a few other pieces of data. It then rates the entire piece in terms of reading ease."
The lower the score the easier to read.
Mark said his aim, no matter the complexity of the topic he's writing about, is a score of 8 or lower.
The best copywriters strive for the same.
The Hemingway App is one of many tools out there you can use to determine the reading ease of your writing.
I'm not an affiliate and earn no money from this recommendation.
PIC OF THE WEEK
The annual Thanksgiving turkey carving pic.
I foolishly made the mistake of comparing this one to last year's picture.
Three things are immediately noticeable to me:
* I now have even less hair...
* More of the hair I do have has become gray (including much of my beard)...
* And I'm forced to wear my glasses much more often.
Also, hard to ignore the incomplete tattoo. But that one's within my control.
With that said, I have so much I'm thankful for. I'm sure you do as well.
So, the age-related stuff I take in stride.
For here... and right now... I want YOU to know how thankful I am to have you reading these weekly Memos and engaging with my many courses and trainings and coaching programs.
I don't take the responsibility of being your guide and coach lightly.
I'm truly grateful for you.
WANT MORE HELP GROWING YOUR BUSINESS?
Here are some epic ways we can help you scale your business…
1. Fed up with your marketing being ignored?
Grab your copy of this book and over $1,100+ in bonuses.
2. Your offer not converting or AOV in the tank?
Grab this bundle that’s working insanely well for almost everyone who uses it.
3. Want our personal help in scaling your business from 6-figures to 7-figures and beyond?