Mark this down in your calendar…
Even better, set up a reminder in your phone for…
This Monday (September 20th) at NOON ET (New York time) .
That’s when REGISTRATION OPENS for my long-awaited two-day Copywriting Workshop.
If you’re not yet on the Notification List to get early access, go here to fix that now.
Getting on that list will give you a one-hour head-start to register before the public.
And that’s valuable… because there are ONLY 100 SPOTS going up for grabs.
One question lots of folks have been curious about is…
Why… after two decades... have I decided to finally share all my copywriting techniques, tricks, strategies, etc.?
First, and main reason… I’m doing this for my highest-level clients…
It’s my gift to them.
And I know it’ll make them gobs more money and bring them a lot more success. So, I owe it to them to not hold anything back.
Two, because I haven’t seen anybody else sharing the deeper, tactical nuances of copy that produces consistent sales at scale.
Almost all the copy training out there is high-level, conceptual. More big-picture than how-to.
I’ve yet to see anyone share the nitty-gritty, nuts-and-bolts stuff: word choice… sentence structure… framing… internal triggering… language patterns…
Yet, the wealthiest marketers know: it’s in the details of “copy that sells” where the rubber meets the road.
Understanding copy on a conceptual level is one thing; understanding how to apply the deeper secrets of copy in the way you string together your words, sentences, paragraphs, content chunks… that’s… where the real money-making magic happens!
And that is exactly what I’ll be sharing with you during this Workshop.
It’s going to be epic!
Hope to see you there.
W ith that, let’s get to this week’s goodies…
😍 Enjoy the Memo? Share it with your friends, fans, or followers…
MY FAVS THIS WEEK
- PDF: The 9 Proven Models for Exponential Subscription GrowthA superb PDF from continuity expert, Robert Skrob. No optin required. If you offer any kind of subscription or membership, you’ll dig this.
- Use the Two-Hour Rule to Make Progress on Your Creative ProjectsIf you struggle to make time for Deep Work, this may be an approach worth trying. It comes from Charlie Gilkey, author of Start Finishing — a fantastic book I recommended in a prior Memo.
- Five Ways To Incorporate Direct Mail Into Your Marketing FunnelI don’t know if I’ve ever seen direct mail not increase response when combined with an online funnel. The more communication channels you can leverage, the more opportunities you give yourself to get your prospects and buyers to consume your message. Direct mail is certainly one of those channels, albeit an underutilized one. As well, direct mail adds a level of credibility to your message you don’t get from any online channel.
🚨SWIPE OF THE WEEK
This week’s Swipe File is a multi-page ad from legendary copywriter, John Carlton.
You’ll see how he blends curiosity, a new “mechanism”, story, and lots of proof throughout the whole piece.
As well, notice how John creates drama without resorting to hyped-up language. Everything feels big, game-changing, significant.
As well, pay attention the use of bullets throughout. These little fascinations alone are worth studying and saving this swipe for future reference.
“Want To See The Conversion Secrets I Share Right Away With Every New Marketer On My Team?”
WHAT I’M TELLIN’ MY TEAM
This week on our internal Team Marketing Training…
The guys and I spent some time discussing the famed Gary Halbert Personals Ad.
Like all of Gary’s projects, this is an extremely well-written, entertaining, and informative piece of copy… to say the least.
Here are some of the elements I wanted the guys to see and understand:
- Written like the spoken wordGood copy has a flow to it. It reads like a conversation, not an essay. This is why it’s important to write like you talk.
- Unique voiceAll of Gary’s copy has a certain feel to it — his unique voice, his flair. You don’t want your stuff to sound like everyone else’s. Especially for your tribe; they should know it’s you talking… even if they didn’t see the “from line”.
- Simple, easy to understand wordsGary was no dummy. He had an extensive vocabulary. Yet, when he wrote copy… he wrote with basic, short words ands sentences. And that’s what made his stuff easy to understand. (Use the Flesch-Kincaid Readability Test to check your writing.)
- DetailsGary knew how to paint a picture in the reader’s mind — details. He’s never vague or general in his descriptions. He gives specifics. Little details. And it’s these details which allow readers to conjure an image in their mind of what’s being shared.
- Character By the end of this Personals Ad you have a picture in your mind of the man behind the words. His “character” comes across in what he says… and how he says it. This is important to prevent being some nameless, faceless entity behind your copy.
- Damaging AdmissionAdmitting a flaw or two is always an effective way of lowering sales resistance. Prospects don’t expect an advertisement to share anything negative. So, when you do, it’s disarming.
- Take-away throughout You can see from the main sub-headline (circled in green in the screen shot above), besides being one big presentation about Gary’s life, lifestyle, and companionship desires, it’s also one big takeaway. He doesn’t come across too eager. In fact, he’s saying… here’s who I am… in all its majesty and gore… and if you meet these qualifications, maybe… maybe… we might be a good fit. Powerful stuff.
A question posted inside the E5 Nation Facebook Group…
Below is a personal video response from E5 Coach, Paul Mascetta:
*** NOTE: If you’re not in the E5 Nation Facebook Group with us yet, you’re missing out on the opportunity to have me answer your questions. Not too mention, some killer content and live streams only shared inside the Group.
Despite being published in 1923, Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins continues to be recognized as one of the most influential marketing books ever published.
Legendary ad man, David Ogilvy, said “Nobody should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times. It changed the course of my life.”
While not everything in the book still applies to today’s marketing landscape, 90% of the material is still wildly valuable.
And being only 80 pages, it’s an easy, fast read. Well worth devouring.
PIC OF THE WEEK
That’s the cover of a legit comic…
Yeah… Foreskin Man!
About a “superhero” on the quest to forever end… circumcision.
And the artist clearly got enough response to warrant 7 issues already.
Maybe… just maybe… there are a lot more markets and niches… and opportunities… than most aspiring entrepreneurs realize.
If you doubt it, repeat after me…
WANT MORE HELP GROWING YOUR BUSINESS?
Here are some epic ways we can help you scale your business…
1. Fed up with your marketing being ignored?
Grab your copy of this book and over $1,100+ in bonuses.
2. Your offer not converting or AOV in the tank?
Grab this bundle that’s working insanely well for almost everyone who uses it.
3. Want our personal help in scaling your business from 6-figures to 7-figures and beyond?